Thursday, March 1, 2007

a wee Budget (very wee)

So, Brent's dad did some research about prefab homes and found a great website with much information. While I was playing around there, I found a site where you can post your adventures building a prefab house...hum.

But looking at the other blogs I found this great list (we all know how I love a list):

Budget
1. Land Cost
2. Structure Cost (the weeHouse itself)
3. Transport and Set (from the factory to your foundation)
4. Indirect/Soft Costs (drawings, permits, fees)
5. Sitework (including the all-important foundation)
6. Taxes (this is an expensive line item)

So, we need to look at these before going any further.

This is our rough Budget:
1. $15,000 for ~ 2 acres
2. Hum
3. Hum
4. Drawings= ~$1000, the rest=hum
5. hum
6. Not much..haha

So. Till later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.
For the record, I have made a comment. Anyhoo, Nicole, this is perty neat stuff. Best o'the luck to yous guys. I will follow with heartfelt interest. Wee ya,
jonboy

joshcap said...

what was the website where folks were blogging their prefab experience?